zaterdag 25 maart 2023

On the Painting Desk 226: first layers completed and the start of an army

 So we got some painting in the past week, and that means the first layer of Hurricane is now done.

Starting soonish on the second, I can begin adding depth to the model, and work out the contrasts better to liven up it's current blandness.



But that will depend for a lot on how much time I can spend, as it are busy times at the moment.

The other model I have been working on, Zephyrantes, also has it's first layer now finished.  But as these small models are only two tones, some good progress will hopefully be made on him in his next session.
 

 
Apart from continuing to work on them, I also began painting on the 1/400 scale samples I received for MechaTop a while ago, and namely on the M61 battle tanks. 

 Okay, so I put a deadline unto myself, in order to finish a 3.500 points Infernal Dwarf army by the last sunday of october when a tournament happens at TSA.

So to that end, I`m trying to get at least one hour or painting time in every evening, and I made good progress as a result.
 
 

The first unit I want to complete are the six Kadim Incarnate's for the force, and the first three are nearing completion, with one already done bar basing and varnishing, and the others only needing the yellow outlining.





I also began painting on the other three, cycling a figure every evening to avoid monotonous work.  As a result, they are all at a different stage right now, but making good progress.
 
At this rate, I'll get them done in I estimate two weeks, considering next weekend I`ll be at a tattoo convention for a new piece on my body...
 
So check back in the next instalment to see what I actually managed to get done!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten