maandag 18 december 2023

Building a Trophy unit for my renewed Chaos Dwarves

 So we are back into the game, and one thing I wanted to do was like in "the old days" build a trophy unit.

For my Emperor's Children, this used to be a pile of pieces of defeated enemies, but back in the days I had a slave unit for my Chaos Dwarfs build of figures resembling the ones I defeated on the table.

And that is something I'm going to do again.  It might take a while before the unit will become battle ready, as I need a lot of victories before it even comes to minimum size.  But the plan is to make a unit of Shackled Slaves (aka, normally orcs) of rag-tag models thrown together to resemble the defeated opponents, and copy their colour scheme on it (and find a way for unpainted enemies, probably figures just painted a ghostly grey).

And the benefit of these 3D printing days, is that I can rather easily even print up generic models for the unit myself.  A skeleton is a skeleton and an orc an orc, it doesn't have to be from the same brand as my opponent uses.  But basically, should I defeat an Empire army, an empire like human will be added to the force and so on.
 

 
As a result of the first games I played, being the Hammers and Swords tournament in october 2023, the first "victim" gets the honour of being a unit champion.  This was an Empire of Sonnstahl army, painted in a blue and yellow livery, so once I sourced a suitable model he became the leader of this unlikely unit, in the form of a classic metal Greatsword, called Heikki the First.



Let's bulk this unit out over time and grant Hashut many slaves!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten