donderdag 21 december 2023

Visiting the (not so) new Akiba store in Antwerp

 Okay, so they moved locations back in april, yet due to circumstances only now I could finally visit the Akiba Antwerp store.



In a desperate attempt to get those missing Quintuplets gachapons...

The store is a HUGE improvement over the older one, which was the size of a broomstick closet in all fairness, located in the station.  The new one is located in the Jesusstraat though, nearby the main shopping street Meir, which is a way better location.

And as you can see from the outside, you can't miss it.



Inside it is roomy and a clean white, with the manga on one side, which has a nice, recent, selection, though for older volumes it will be harder to find some here.




The central part of the store is taken up by all the merchandise and figures, and of course there is the selfie mirror!



While the gachapon machine selection is on the opposite side of the manga.  Unfortunatly, they didn't have either of both Quintuplets machines anymore, so I fear I must go and take my luck elsewhere in the hopes of getting those last ones.  Qudos to the store lady though, who immediatly heared around with her collegues of the other Akiba stores if they happened to have one of the machines still present, and a few hours later I received a message, alas it was not to be but great service none the less.



BUT, I did score some nice loot though.  During december, they ran their 3+1 manga action, meaning you get the cheapest one for free.  I picked up the second volume of Touring After The Apocalypse, the bundle volume of volumes 1 and 2 of Darling in the Franxxx and volumes 16 and 17 of That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime, getting me a step closer to completing that series (bar of course new volumes that come out) and one of those last three books being the "freebie".

So a quick visit, and I will pop by the store some more in the future though... if I ever get to Antwerp city that is.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten