zaterdag 31 december 2022

Amsterdam City Trip

 Noshi and me went to Amsterdam the past week, to blow out a bit from the rather hectic month of december.



With little Thorin and my father getting heavy medical diagnoses, all in one month it has been a very emotional, sleep derived month and not the best of seasonal holidays.





So we needed this break, if only to get some sleep for one, and to put everything in a row to carry on with life and recharge the emotional batteries.  So of we went for a trip of food, beer and (adult) entertainmant.



It is also Noshi's birthday on the day we arrived, so needless to say that meant a good dinner was in order before causing some noise issues in the hotelroom (SNORING, you pervs!!!!).  




One of the things we had planned was visiting the Otaking store, which has a huge selection of gachapon machines, but it was closed for the seasonal brake unfortunatly.  No idea when I will get there again though, but it remains on the to visit list for sure.

Not to despair though, as I had found online another store with a LOT of manga, namely Henk's Comics.  Going there for a stroll, I picked up a few manga.



Of course, when in other cities, one visits museum's, and we had selected two to visit for our three day stay in the city.  The first one was Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum














While the second one was located in the famous Red Lights district (I told you, adult entertainment, you all just thought far to wrong, bunch of hentai!) which tells the story of the history of erotic art.







Both where fun museums, and for the rest we have been strengthening the inner person.  On the first night, we went for mexican food (it was okay, not great, but fast foody wise okay) before going for drinks in Cafe Cuba for the birthday girl.  Here I discovered a tasty local IPA I must say.





On the second day we went first for a drink where I got a local micro steam brewery, and it was a fine beer I must say, very soft in taste.



Afterwards, it was time for a good italian for a bite, some penne con gamberetti e spinaci always is welcome.
 

 
And I found the street I want to move to.  Imagine the fun of dictating your adress to people if you live here, they would be thinking you're pulling their leg!



Of course, we went for some strolling and shopping during our stay. Like this huge, two story candy store.  Noshi was in her element with all that tastyness around!
 








And crepes...



I also saw a book I liked in a HUGE bookstore, but decided to not get it.  That is, until the morning after so we went back to the store and I picked it up in the end after all.



And so it was time to go back to our homestead, and hopping on the train back to Antwerp after a short but relaxing break from everything.

Though of course, I can't pass Antwerp Central Station without dropping by at Akiba and do some gachapon, to compensate for the above mentioned store being closed during the trip...
 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten