vrijdag 23 december 2022

Best of 2022

 Here we are again, for my yearly, totally subjective walkdown of the stuff I watched and did last year, and which was like the best around.



And of course, feel free to comment and add your opinions to it as well!
 
So here they are, my pickings from the past 365 days!
 
Best Movie: Ghostbusters: Afterlife.  This was a momentous memory lane trip and a true revisit to the franchise.  That moment the original Ghostbusters gathered at the end just gave me goosebumps, and the way they handled the late Harold Ramis... way better then the Star Wars franchise did in Rogue One...



Best Series: I`m going for one I saw in the beginning of the year, namely Arcane, based on the League of Legends game.  Truly magnificent storyline and great artstyle.  The new Star trek series Strange New Worlds could also take it for me, as it brings back Trek to what it should be, but I literally flipped a coin and Arcane came tails up.



Best Performance: Okamoto Nobuhiko.  Who?  Well, he is actually a voice actor, most famous for the character of Bakugo in the (rightly so) incredible popular My Hero Academia.  But while Bakugo is a shouting hothead, he also voiced Shuu in Shikimori is Not a Cutie this summer season.  That character, drawn exactly the same as Bakugo, is a very calm and laid back person, being the polar opposite, and he nailed both of them.



Best Book: Terra Formars volume 3.  While I love the Terra Formars anime and manga series, volume 3 stood out for me.  This is where the difference in power between the expedition and the cockroaches is first truly shown, and the realisation of what grave danger the humans are actually in.



Best Anime: Blue Period, because of the strong feel of relating I got with this series, including inner struggles I had myself... and sometimes still have.



Best Wargame: MechaTop.  It is also the one single game I got in this year...



Best Videogame: Super Mecha Champions.  Even though the playtime was severly cut down when I switched jobs in April after being laid off at my former employer (and found something else within a week), I still try to get games in when I can.



Best Wargame Figure: well, it is ofcourse a gachapon, as that is all I have been painting, and in particular the F91 for it's sleek lines.



Best Music: Wired, the second closing of Blue Exorcist, a great deep house, London underground style musical number.



Best Trade: That has to be a rather recent find on Facebook, where I found a couple of manga of both My Hero Academia and Food Wars for a really good price of about 6 euro a volume.  And the discovery of Food Wars is one I don`t regret.



Best Convention or Event: Antwerp Bierpassie Weekend, not only did I saw back an old childhood friend, I also discovered these sorts of events by accident.  And it is a fun experience, one we have repeated since then, and will in the future.



Greatest Disappointment: just last week, my father has been diagnosed when lung cancer, so yes, everything is a bit on the rockers right now.

And that is that for this year.  Any things you didn`t know or discovered through this post?  Great!  Anything you don`t agree on?  Be sure to let me know!

 
 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten