zondag 25 december 2022

The 2023 Goals: the year of Ink

 A new year, a new set of hobby goals!
 
After the year of manga, it is time for the year of Ink.



And while the usual hobby targets will be included, this year there are also goals I want to achieve that are related, yet aren`t.

The title is for my other intrest: tattoos.  Though it might involve getting a leg surgery out of the way first unfortunatly.  But the goal for this year is to get both my Thorin dedicated Kitsune tattoo, as well as my planned Kurumi tattoo, Zero Two AND have my Saint tattoo's freshened up and expanded all over the chest area and sleeved in.  That is, if Hagen is salvageable.  Needle-ess to say (see what I did there!), a lot of my free spend budget as such will go to that goal.
 
But I also keep fighting with getting back in shape, though maybe for cosplay, but definitly for other things, and I`ll be rewarding myself this year if I hit some benchmarks: 85 and I`ll get a new nipple piercing, 80 and I`ll be getting an "ear bar" at last. 



To that end, me and Noshi have an appointment at the Arlon Tattoo Convention in april, where I will have a fox tattooed to honour my little boy.  The artist, Mornee Tattoos, is one we discovered last year at the Brussels convention.
 
Another thing I am aiming for that is not anime hobby related, is discovering, tasting and hopefully enjoying 50 new beers for my Untappd app account.  That means about 1 totally new beer every week, so some Hopt orders and resulting tasting reports are definitly in the pipeline as such.  
 


But we move ever further of course to the mainstay hobby goals.

And this year, I`m going big again on anime, aiming to complete at least 50 once again this year!  Including something I`m going to call the Alphabet challenge: one anime at random from every letter of the alphabet, and including the category of numbers, so of those 50 there will be 27 (not 26) random series.  As I`m aiming for series released before this year, new series I`m watching with one of those letters don`t count.  I`ll post a list of the selected anime later this week as such.

For the books, and especially manga's, I will continue building a collection in earnest further, and aim to read as such 50 volumes and books this year.



Series and movies wise, I`m not putting high bars this year, with all my anime devouring I barely come round to those in the end.  So let's put those at 20 each and see how far we get without bothering about them to much.

Of course, I will be doing some painting as well in the new year, but it will be an adaption of the time schedule to get used to as Thorin started going to school and all.

And while I`m aiming to get more stuff done with MechaTop, aiming for a further 10 gachapon mobile suits.


More Mecha gaming stuff, as I`ll also be going for 1/144 scale GunPla gaming, and to that end I want to paint a set of models from my backlog for the ruleset, let's put the bar at 5 model kit sets (not necessarily 1/144 but suitable for MechaTop), but as you can see, the painting goals are no longer hinting at any wargaming.  Surely, I`ll be doing the occassional solo game for MechaTop as I love using my models, but the fact is I doubt I`ll ever seriously find the time in the upcoming years to go to a club full time again.  So better to spend the time in the relaxing, painting and building part of the hobby, then actually trying to build armies and meet deadlines for something that won't happen soon anyways.

So, that's a nice stack on the menu for the coming year, so let's see how it'll go!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten