zaterdag 10 december 2022

Picking GunPla over wargame figures...

 Well, I guess this has sort of been coming, yet it has nothing to do with personal dislikes or such.



But as the year near it's end, this is now the 3rd year in a row I haven`t visited a wargame club or event.

First there was the renovations of the newly bought appartment.  Then the coming of little Thorin, and after that the whole Covid thing.  That all means, from the one event to the other, gaming just fell by the wayside.



Last year I did some solo gaming effort, but even that didn`t really kick off, there is only so much one can do not to try and influence the result.  Gamers will say that if you follow the rule mechanics, it can`t be fixed, but subconsciously we all look on how to get our favorite characters through unscathed and heroically.

But the fact is, I love the occassional game, and I love the painting of figures / models.  So there is still that other small side hobby I do now and then, scale modelling.  And more precise, GunPla.  Now, for example the Freedom is a kit I have been working on off and on for nearly two years now, just because there is no time pressure, and when I feel like it, I work some more on that.



And the advent of some mecha rulesets, like Mobile Suit Skirmish and MechaTop, allow me to play that very occassional (solo) game if I like and at least keep in touch with wargaming.  Something that *might* pick up now little Thorin has started going to school.  Yeah, time flies.

But it is to that end that slowly but surely, my intrests in wargaming has been dwindling down again, not to mention my old group plays 40k mostly, and a 3 year hiatus for my budding Tau force meant no less then THREE codexes or supplements have passed since then, and the whole app thing they are working towards.

And I can always game Future War Commander if I do manage to visit the club, as those smallscale 1/400 Gundam's can also perfectly be integrated into that as stand in's for 6mm models.



I`m not saying anything definite though, but for now, that is a bit on how the mindset is, as well as what real life has been steering me towards.  I love to keep building and painting, and as such, GunPla is more the way to go for the moment then building yet another army that is gathering dust and that way at least my glues and paints aren't drying out.

Well, let's see how 2023 evolves!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten